Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting to know me


Well, for starters I wanted those reading my blog to get to know me a little bit. I am 21 and in my third year of school at Northern Michigan University  studying Elementary Education with a math major, integrated science minor. I absolutely love children...which I guess makes sense since I am going to school to be an elementary teacher. I chose to attend NMU because I love how Marquette supplies it's residents with the best of both worlds; you can be in the city, or drive a few miles out of town and all of a sudden you are in the middle of no where. To me that is just pure bliss. I am an outdoorsy person, so any chance I get to be outside I take it. I am a ski instructor for children over Christmas break and in the summer I am an assistant manager at a orchard in my town. Speaking of my town, I live in Torch Lake, MI. It is a small but beautiful town about an hour south of Traverse City. I am very lucky. My front yard is Torch Lake (voted the third most beautiful lake in the world) and just through my backyard and across the street is Lake Michigan. I am surrounded by beauty whether I am at home or up here and I love every minute of it. As much as I love the outdoors and seeing new areas and all the beauty that encompasses them, I do like to be inside sometimes also. I love watching movies..preferably series. I am a huge fan of the "Harry Potter" series as well as the "Lord of the Rings Series." Living in Northern Michigan (lower peninsula), I have experianced cold winters, but nothing like the kind of winters we get up here in the U.P. There are just some days it is too cold to go outside and explore, and those are the days I love to snuggle up on the couch and have a movie day. Cleaning is another thing I really enjoy doing on those days you just don't want to be outside. It sounds weird but I really like cleaning. It kind of calms me down as well as makes me feel much better about the area I am in. I can not stand messes, call me OCD but things need to be clean, neat, and organized in my house. I think that is a pretty good description of me for now. All in all I am just a very enthusiastic person who loves kids, is determined to be a teacher and loves to be outdoors! I hope you enjoyed this first blog and I look forward to posting more for you to read in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment